I am a part of Southern Team and linking this recipe to Nabanitha;s Esho Bosho Aahare.
According to my requirements here I adjust the ingredients and masalas.
For Lentil Cakes:
Steps to follow:
Soak the channa dal and mattar dal for 4 hrs, then without water coarsely grind it in a blender and keep aside.
- Mix all the dhoka spices into batter mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Kadai.
- Add asafoetida .
- Add batter, stir continuously until batter turns into a dough and leaves the bottom of the kadai.
Then grease the plate with oil, spread the dough evenly on the plate and keep aside. After few minutes cut into Burfi Style.Then fry this and keep aside. I only shallow fried this.Peel and Cut potato into cubes, Fry potato cubes with oil, little turmeric powder and salt, fry till golden brown and keep aside.
Steps to follow:
- Heat oil in kadai.add asofoetida,cumin seeds,bay leaves.
- Add slitted green chili to it.
- Add Ginger paste fry little.
- Add chopped tomato again fry.
- Add all dry spices like red chili powder,cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder.
- Fry for a while until oil comes out.
- Add grated coconut and coconut milk mix them.
- Add cashew raisins paste and mix well.
- Add fried potato cubes and mix well.
- Add warm water and adjust seasoning.Bring into boil. (curry will be little medium consistency)
- Add fried dhoka or lentil cakes.Here check the salt to taste.
- Sprinkle little garam masala powder,cover and switch off the gas.
Dhokar dalna is ready to serve. Serve with plain steamed rice and hot rasam.
I am a part of Southern Team and linking this recipe to Nabanitha's Esho Bosho Aahare. Thanks Nabanitha for sharing your delicious traditional recipe.We thoroughly enjoyed it.