Pages

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Simple Ghee Rice

Ingredients ;-
Basumati or Seeragasamba rice - 1/2 KG
Ghee - 50ml
oil - 2 tbsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
yogurt - 1tbsp
cardamom, cloves - each 3
cinnamon -2 small piece
bay leaf - 1
onion-1
green chilli -2
chopped corinader, mint leaves - 2 tbsp
salt - to taste

Steps to follow:-
Wash and soak rice with enough water for 15 minutes.

Heat ghee and oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add bay leaves cinnamon,cardamom and cloves.Fry for few seconds, then add onion slices, lower the heat, stir fry the onion for a minute add ginger garlic paste and stir it again.Then add yogurt,chopped corainder, mint leaves, green chillies and salt, stir well.


Then pour the water, double the rice, into the vessel, close the lid and leave it to boil.

When the water starts boiling add drained soaked rice .Add required salt and cover the vessel with the lid, cook for 15 minutes in a low fire.

Switch off the stove and leave to stand, still covered for 10 minutes.


Gently toss the rice and serve hot.

Serve hot with Chicken curry, Thalcha, Chicken fry and Onion raitha. Enjoy the weekend!

--Asiya Omar..


11 comments:

faseela said...

i too make in this way....superb dear

Mahi said...

Never tried this GHEE rice Asiya akka! Looks rich n yummy! :P

Asiya Omar said...

Thanks mahi,you can try it in any pachai arisi.

Asiya Omar said...

Thanks faseela.We people generally make this way only know.

Unknown said...

Dear Asiya akka,
Rice looks delicious.
I have one doubt.this measurement is for how many persons?
Is this good with normal tanjavur ponni[royal che f]
As my parents having diebatic,so am asking to u akka.
Mymoon

Asiya Omar said...

unknown, this is for four- five persons,this tastes good in tanjavur ponni also. But you have to add coconut milk(HALF COCONUT) while cooking with ponni puzhungal.

Unknown said...

Thank u for ur reply akka.
How much rice should I have to put for 7persons in seeraga samba rice.
Kindly let me know the water level also akka.
My best wishes for u to make new receipes.
Always love ur dishes akka feeling like my sister with me here.
Regards.
Mymoon

Asiya Omar said...

Mymoon,you are most welcome.For 7 persons rice approximately 1 kg (for full meals).
water level 1;2 - double the rice quantity.please measure accurately.

Unknown said...

Thank u for ur immediate reply akka.
In sha allah will try and let u know akka.
Regards,
Mymoon

Unknown said...

Akka akka super super delicious akka.
Yesterday we made it with thalcha,chicken curry&your easy chicken 65.
Waw solla wordsey illa,all are asking me mymoon did u make this.
How come all turned good.
Like these akka.
I dont have words to express.
I used seeraga samba rice akka so it cooked soon and my neighbour she put in dhum.actually I
dont like any rice except plain
rice.this was my mom she was asking me many times to do this as she is sick.
Alhamdulillah I prayed for u akka.
Thank u akka.please post mutton kurma.
I am waiting for that.
Regards,
Mymoon

துளசி கோபால் said...

நாளைக்கு நம்ம வீட்டுலே இதுதான் ! நன்றீஸ்ப்பா!